How to Change a Light Bulb – Government Style
This version should apply no matter who the head person is in charge of your country.
Q: How many members of the current President’s/Prime Minister’s/Leader’s administration are needed to change a light bulb?
1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed
3. One to blame the previous Leader for burning out the light bulb
4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either for changing the light bulb or for darkness
5. One to give a billion dollar/pound/euro/yen no-bid contract to a government contractor for the new light bulb
6. One to arrange a photograph of the current Leader, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner: Light Bulb Change Accomplished
7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting in detail how the current Leader was literally in the dark
8. One to viciously smear #7
9. And one surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how the current Leader has had a strong light-bulb-changing policy all along