The Wisdom and Humor of Albert Einstein
I did not check to see if these were all indeed attributable to Einstein; I’m sure Snopes would have a thing or two to say about all this. So just go with them and don’t worry about the source. After all, Internet wisdom is all, well, relative.
– Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.
– Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
– Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
– Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one’s living at it.
– The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
– We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
– If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
– The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
– A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
– I have just got a new theory of eternity.
– The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.
– The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.